Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. SolidShops may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from August 26, 2010.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information for bug tracking and improving our software.
- As a user of our service we will keep you informed of important updates.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customize our service according to your interests.
- Even when you indicate that you do not want to receive emails from us, we may send you important notifications about downtime and maintenance works on the service.
- Of course, you will always have the option to unsubscribe from our notifications if you want.
- After closing your account, we will not send you any more emails.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may unsubscribe from receiving any mails by clicking the unsubscribe link in your last received direct marketing email.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us at support[at]solidshops.com as soon as possible. We will correct any information found to be incorrect in a timely manner.
This document was last changed on February 26, 2011
Let's get social shall we?
We'd love to know what you think. Join the conversation about your hosted e-commerce solution.