Version 1.4 of the SolidShops application brings a number of improvements to your stores. Here’s what’s new.
Managing products with different combinations or options just got easier
Do you have products that come in different styles or variations such as color, size, fabric, … ?
Then you probably want an easy way to keep track of your stock and pricing for those variants.
Let’s say you are selling T-Shirts in different sizes and colors. That new fancy shirt you’ve got in store comes in the following options:
- color green / size XL: 2 in stock, costs $ 11.99
- color red / size XL: 2 in stock, costs $ 11.99
- color green / size small: 2 in stock, costs $ 9.99
- color red / size small : 3 in stock, costs $ 9.99
You can now easily track these stock and pricing combinations as follows (documentation is right here if you need it)
Let’s take the T-shirt example we discussed above. When a product has multiple product options, you’ll probably want to show them in different select boxes to your users. That’s great, but you’ll also want to print out the correct price for your user. The problem is you can only do that once a user has selected the options he or she wants.
You can even hook in your own functions by using a custom callback, in case you want to e.g. use jQuery or another library to throw in some effects when showing price or stock info to your user.
Other improvements include:
- google sitemaps are again automatically generated (thanks David)
- you can now use a contact form in any of your theme templates
- we added a json filter so that you can more easily implement AJAX functionality
- the SolidShops application is now responsive and ready for use on tablets or other smaller screens