Exactly one year ago, we started our bi-weekly deployment promise. This means that today, we have consistently upgraded and improved the SolidShops application 26 times.
As you know, we fix bugs and add new features based on your feedback. We couldn’t have done this without you!
This release is a maintenance release where we re-worked the subcategories functionality that we launched a few weeks ago. Let me explain:
When you or your client add a product to your store, you need to select one or more categories that product belongs to. When you have multiple categories and subcategories like in the screenshot below, you now need to select all categories where you want to product to show up when a user is browsing your store.
In the screenshot above, you can see that we have selected “Shoes” and “Men”. This means that the product will show up when a user is browsing “Men’s” products and also when browsing “Shoes”. Some of you have reported that it would be nice to be able to only show a product in a subcategory and not when browsing the parent categories. This can now easily be done by just selected the subcategory, without selecting the parent category.
We are convinced that this is the best and most flexible solution for all stores running on our platform. Please note that we have updated all stores automatically with this new category structure. This will not cause any downtime for your store.
The following features and bug fixes have also been implemented in this release:
- if you log in to our mobile app, we remember you for 30 days, so that you don’t have to log in over and over again (thanks Tim)
- support for Indian Rupee (INR) has been added (thanks Peyusha)
- support for Indonesian Rupiahs (IDR) has been added (thanks Carpus)
- we added an extra permission in the “manage staff accounts” screen so that other staff logins can also manage user accounts (thanks Tam)
- when trying to reach a page to manage your store (e.g. add a page) when you aren’t logged in, we now remember where to send you after logging in again
- when filtering on category nicename or id in our template language, not all subcategories would be returned. This has been solved. (thanks Mark)
We hope you will enjoy these updates. Please let us know if you have any feature requests or if you find any bugs and we’ll hunt them down!
Thanks again for the feedback and support everyone, you’re the best crowd we could wish for here at SolidShops. Keep building better stores!