Today we are very pleased to announce the immediate availability of our local development environment.
This application, written in NodeJs, allows you to develop SolidShops themes on your own computer. This is something we have been working on for a while and we really think this is an awesome way to develop online stores.
We are sure that you will love this new approach as much as we do!
- It will save you a lot of time, really!
- You can use your favorite IDE like Webstorm, Sublime Text, Atom, Visual Studio… or even vim
- Test the modifications to your theme without interfering with your live store
- You can use git to manage your theme(s)
- jspm, NPM or Bower can be used for managing your theme dependencies like Bootstrap, jQuery….
- Use grunt or gulp to automate your development workflow
- Automatically compile your less/sass to css
- Enable livereload so your browser reloads whenever you change a file
The installation proces is described in the readme file but basically you need to:
- Create a folder for your theme
- Clone the local development environment
- Add your API key in the config file
- Type “grunt serve” and the application(including livereload) will be started
Once your theme is finished, you only need to type “grunt deploy” to make your theme available in the SolidShops admin.
Enjoy the updates everyone and let us know if you have an idea that can improve our application and our service to you. We’d love to know!